The School continues to be committed to advancing the intellectual and social skills of the students during their enrollment. High academic and social standards are continually maintained for all students and validated by rigorous and varied assessment methods. Instruction consists of a combination of individualized learning, group work, thematic and integrated learning projects that are delivered by a highly qualified and certified staff.
Building upon a strong research-based curriculum aligned with the content standards, the School has established the following student performance standards:
- Students demonstrate effective reading, writing, and communication skills:
- Students demonstrate the ability to access, evaluate, synthesize, and present information using a variety of methods, with an emphasis on computer skills;
- Students demonstrate the ability to apply mathematical and scientific concepts;
- Students demonstrate grasp of social studies, current events and historical context;
- Students apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques in all disciplines;
- Students demonstrate mastery of academic and workplace competencies;
- Students demonstrate developing proficiency in a second language;
- Students demonstrate understanding of life-long learning and work ethic as essential elements in transitioning to economic self-sufficiency.
Several essential components constitute the school’s model for program delivery:
- A strong research-based curriculum and assessment system that, at a minimum, meets with national and statewide performance and accountability measures;
- Integration of existing and emerging technologies into instruction and the development of workplace readiness skills;
- Highly qualified instructional staff trained in meeting the individual needs of students;
- Empowerment of parents to be directly involved in the education and social development of their children;
- Expansive engagement of business partnerships, institutions of higher education, private sector and government agencies contributing professional, financial and in-kind resources to the school’s operations.