First and foremost, thank you for your interest in the Sidney Gutierrez Middle School.
Sidney Gutierrez continues its recognition as an established leader in New Mexico’s charter school movement and consistently ranks as one of New Mexico’s premier public schools. Sidney has been successfully enriching Roswell’s educational landscape for nearly twenty years and ultimately, we have effectively met the myriad of challenges in an unprecedented year of changes never before seen in public education with the support of our amazing families. It is with great confidence and expectation that the 2021-2022 school year provides all of our students and their families great outcomes!
Sidney Gutierrez Middle School Details
- The Sidney Gutierrez Middle School is a tuition free, New Mexico public school open to all applicants entering grades K-8, on a space available basis within each grade level.
- Sidney Gutierrez Middle School’s charter with its authorizer and the New Mexico Public Education Department complies with a student enrollment cap of 196 students.
- Sidney Gutierrez does not have admissions criteria or discriminate on any basis.
- Students who have a disability or who may need special educational services are eligible for admission on the same basis as other students.
- No tests are required for admission to the school.
The Open Enrollment Period for the 2021-2022 Sidney Gutierrez Middle School
- The Open Enrollment Period for the 2021-2022 Enrollment Lottery was from March 1, 2021 through March 15, 2021.
- The application deadline was at 5:00pm on March 15, 2021.
- Each application meeting all requirements and successfully processed during the Open Enrollment period are eligible for the Lottery drawing on April 12, 2020.
- Applications received after the 5:00pm deadline on March 15, 2021 will be placed at the end of the Wait List for the respective grade level.
Enrollment Lottery Drawing Details
- Due to currently imposed social distancing restrictions for public gatherings in New Mexico, the Lottery drawing will be held in a virtual format via videoconferencing at the Regular April meeting of the SGMS Governing Council at 6:00pm.
- The link for the meeting is: https://zoom.us/j/92884094843?pwd=N3hqSzlaNXdxczRTaEtyK2tzcDFQdz09
- The Meeting ID for the meeting is: 928 8409 4843
- The Passcode for the meeting is: 762724
Guidelines for Lottery Applications
- All applications submitted and accepted were completed online.
- Only one (1) application was accepted per child.
- After reviewing all applications, the total of verified student applications exceeds the enrollment slots in each grade level, therefore a lottery drawing will occur for every grade level.
- During the Lottery, available enrollment slots for each grade level will be filled first with the remaining applicants being placed on a Wait List.
- Applications submitted after the 5:00pm March 15, 2021 deadline will be placed at the end of the Wait List after the lottery drawing is completed in the order they were submitted.
- Per statutory requirements, preference will be given to siblings admitted or attending the Sidney Gutierrez Middle School.
- If the application is for a sibling, documentation of sibling status must be provided during the registration process. Inability to demonstrate sibling status will disqualify the student from enrolling and the next student on the Wait List will be offered the slot.
Accepting an Enrollment Slot
- SGMS will post the results of the Lottery on the school’s website.
- Parents will use the Unique ID that was emailed to them on March 8, 2021 to determine the position of their child on their grade level’s list.
- SGMS will post a webform for parents of accepted students to complete on or before 5:00pm on May 15, 2021 to accept the enrollment position for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Failure of parents to notify the school of accepting the enrollment slot by the established deadline will result in the enrollment slot being offered to the next available student on the wait list.